- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Almond Macaroons Recipe Video
|Whole almonds||12 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||6 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , seperated|
|Zest of lemon||1 Small|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Whole almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.1%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.3 mg14.1%
Sodium 53.9 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, grind the almonds into a fine powder.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
4. In a bowl mix almond powder, lemon zest, powdered sugar, baking powder with the egg yolk. Mix well till combined.
5. In another bowl beat the egg whites till stiff.
6. Fold in the egg white into the flour mixture. Mix well till it forms a dough.
7. Grease hands with cooking oil. Take small portions of the dough and roll into balls.
8. Flatten them a little and place on the prepared baking sheet a little away from each other. Decorate with the almonds.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or till done. Remove from the oven and let them cool before serving.
10. In a serving plate, serve the cookies with hot milk or other beverages like Moroccan tea.