- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Warka Dough - Part II Recipe Video
|High gluten flour||8 Ounce|
|All purpose flour/Extra fine semolina flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar/Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon (for brushing on cooked leaves)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 0.58 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 173.6 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 13 g26.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.06% Iron 0.69%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. BATTER: In a food processor combine the two flours, salt and sugar (if using) and mix by pulsing.
2. Add 1 cup of water and vinegar while continuing to pulse till a smooth ball is formed.
3. Pour oil through and resume processing for another 30 seconds.
4. Add ¾ cup water slowly and process for another 45 seconds, or till a smooth batter is formed.
5. Take a container, pour the batter, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bring a deep pot of water to boil on high heat. Place a non-stick skillet that fits the pot correctly, and fasten it with kitchen string.
7. First using silicone brush oil the skillet, then with a paper towel, wipe it dry.
8. Using a bristle brush, stir the batter and then take the brush thick with batter.
9. Brush the batter evenly over the hot skillet making round motion to create a thin film-like layer Second layer can be applied to fill in the gaps (edges could get lacy).
10. Cook the leaf for 2 minutes, or until it turns fully white, flexible with curled edges (Only 1 side is cooked).
11. Using fingertips transfer the pastry to a paper towel with the cooked side up and brush it with oil.
12. Pat gently with another paper towel and to remove excess oil and leave it on the pastry.
13. Repeat the steps 8- 12 to make the remaining pastries and stack them.
14. Place the stack (leaves and paper) into a plastic bag to avoid drying.
15. Use this warka dough to make Bastilla, briwat , etc or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.