- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Walnut Chocolate Cookies Recipe Video
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Granulated white sugar||125 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (more for rolling dough)|
|Dark chocolate||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Walnut||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), cut into half|
|Dulce de leche||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.8 mg
Sodium 82.6 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add butter and sugar and beat it till creamy.
2. Break the egg into the butter mixture and mix till incorporated.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and ginger into the butter mix and mix well.
4. Using clean hands, Knead into a dough.
5. Divide into 2 equal portions, wrap into plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 15- 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F.
7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
8. Sprinkle flour on the flat working surface.
9. Take a portion of the dough and roll into medium thick sheet.
10. Using a cookie cutter cut the cookies and place it on the parchment lined baking tray a little away from each other.
11. Bake for 15 minutes or till the cookies are done. After 5 minutes turn the baking tray in the oven for all the cookies to cook evenly.
12. Remove from oven and place them on a cooling rack and allow to cool down completely.
13. Repeat steps 8- 12 with the other half of the dough for the second batch.
14. Fill Piping bag with melted chocolate and pipe it on cooled cookies. Place half walnut on it and press gently to spread the chocolate.
15. Leave it on the cooling rack till the chocolate hardens and sets or place it in the fridge for faster setting.
16. For the second batch of cookies, spread dulce de leche on a cookie generously and sandwich it with other cookie. Repeat it with all the other cookies.
17. In a serving platter, arrange both the cookies and serve with milk or any other refreshing beverage like the mint tea.