- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Vegetable Stew With Couscous And Mint Gremolata Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||2 , washed, sliced (Use Only White Parts)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonals to make about 1 1/4 cups|
|Canned diced tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Saffron threads||1 1⁄4 Pinch (Or 1 Large Pinch Saffron Threads)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned cannellini beans/Canned garbanzo beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Either Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, washed, stemmed, and cut into small pieces|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2250 Calories from Fat 486
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.8%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3866.1 mg161.1%
Total Carbohydrates 370 g123.4%
Dietary Fiber 71.1 g284.3%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 88 g176.8%
Vitamin A 1104.7% Vitamin C 426.6%
Calcium 100.9% Iron 206.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 7 or 8 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 3 or 4 minutes.
3. Stir in the carrots, tomatoes, saffron, red pepper, cinnamon, and ginger. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
4. Add the beans, salt, pepper, and 1 3/4 cups of water; cover; and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the peas and spinach, and cook uncovered for another 2 minutes, just until the spinach is wilted.
6. Divide the vegetable stew evenly among 4 shallow bowls.
To make the couscous:
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the couscous and stir until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the salt over the couscous. Then add 1 1/3 cups of boiling water and cover. Let the couscous stand for 5 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
3. Fluff the couscous with a fork, and dish into the center of each bowl of stew.
To make the gremolata:
1. In a small bowl, combine the mint, parsley, garlic, and lemon zest.
2. Sprinkle the gremolata over each bowl of stew and couscous.