- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Trout with Couscous Recipe Video
|Steelhead trout/Salmon||2 Pound|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin, coriander and cinnamon||1 Tablespoon, mixed whole|
|Clove and black pepper corn||1 Tablespoon, mixed whole|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Couscous||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Preserved lemon||1⁄2 Medium (or regular lemon)|
Calories 817 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.8 mg
Sodium 351.5 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 63 g125.6%
Vitamin A 129.3% Vitamin C 32.3%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mortar nicely crush peppercorns, cloves, finely chopped preserved lemon pieces, lime zest, cumin, coriander, garlic cloves, lime juice and 1 tablespoon honey.
3. Place the trout on a tray, apply the marinade mixture and let it marinade for 15 minutes.
4. Place in the preheated oven and cook for about 30-35 minutes checking from time to time until done.
5. In a bowl add the couscous, stir in a cup of water and keep aside.
6. In a hot pan with olive oil add carrots, then lower heat and add onions, cumin, and coriander.
7. Once they start cooking, add asparagus, tomatoes, salt and vegetable stock, thereafter let it cook until done.
8. Roll the couscous between your palms, add a little olive oil and continue rolling.
9. On a shallow dish place the fish, ladle desired amount of couscous beside, sprinkle some chopped preserved lemon, flat leaf parsley and lay over the vegetables along with some cooked juice.