- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Tomato Jam - Appetizer Recipe Video
|Ripe red tomatoes/Null||4 Pound (Null)|
|Honey/Null||3 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Extra virgin olive oil/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Orange blossom water/Null||2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Ground cinnamon/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Salt/Null||To Taste (Null)|
|Pepper/Null||To Taste (Null)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 761 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 489.1 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g92.9%
Sugars 88.3 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 302.4% Vitamin C 384.6%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat your oven to 450 F degrees.
2. Keep the tomatoes in a baking pan covered with foil.
3. Bake the tomatoes for 1 hour and 15 minutes until they become charred and soft.
4. Once the tomatoes are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool down.
5. Peel, seed, and chop the tomatoes into chunks.
6. Keep the tomato chunks in a bowl and drain them as much as possible from their juice.
7. Drizzle the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Let it heat up for 1 minute.
8. Put in the tomatoes to the skillet and cook for 20 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
9. After 20 minutes, add the honey, orange blossom water, cinnamon, salt, and pepper to the tomatoes.
10. Increase the heat to medium-high and continue cooking for another 15 minutes until the tomatoes are dry and caramelized.
11. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on the Tomato jam before serving (hot or cold) with bread and crackers. Enjoy!