- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Preserved Lemons Surfinsapo Style Recipe Video
|Lemon||10 Small (Yellow, Juicy)|
|Sweet cinnamon stick||1 Medium|
|Fennel seed||1 Pinch|
|Coriander seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Black peppercorn||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 38 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3638.4 mg151.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.8 g1.6%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 54.1%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash lemons, and scrub if necessary.
2. Cut lemons in half, and slice 3/4 of the way through each half to form an "x."
3. Fill lemons with salt. Pack lemons tightly into a clean jar.
4. Continue preserving lemons by sprinkling them with an additional tablespoon of salt.
5. Add the spices and herbs.
6. Pour the olive oil on top and seal the jar.
7. Place the jar a cool dry place and allow the lemons to rest, untouched for 6 to 8 weeks.
8. Cook with preserved lemons by grating the rind into rice dishes, marinades, stews, soups and couscous as well as atop fish.