- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Style Burger - July 4th Special Recipe Video
|Turkey breast meat/Chicken breast boneless skinless||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (any kind)|
|Lettuce leaves||4 Medium|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, sliced|
Calories 775 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.8%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.4 mg67.5%
Sodium 1541.8 mg64.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 57 g114.9%
Vitamin A 61.5% Vitamin C 40.3%
Calcium 48.6% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Squeeze out the juice form the grated onion.
2. In a bowl, add the turkey, grated onion, parsley, garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, paprika, cumin, and ginger. Season with freshly ground pepper. Add 1 whole egg.
3. Using clean hand, mix all the ingredients together until they are well incorporated.
4. Put the cheese (mozzarella, havarti, or another cheese of your choice). Mix well all the ingredients.
5. On a plate put the meat and flatten it and shape it like the plate.
6. Using a sharp knife cut the meat, as if you would cut a pie, into 4 equal slices (This will get your equal size burgers).
7. Shape the hamburgers by taking a portion of the meat and roll it into a ball. Lightly flatten the ball.
8. Place the burger patties in a plate, cover with a plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes so that the meat holds better.
9. On a grilling plate on medium heat, melt some butter so that the hamburgers do not stick, and when it becomes hot, place the hamburger on the grill.
10. Cook the burgers for around 8 minutes on each side until done. (Check by cutting in the center, It should not be pink).
11. Slice the burger buns into half and heat them in the oven. Once hot we are ready to put together the burger.
12. Take the bottom half of the burger, place the lettuce on the bread, add a couple of tomato slices on top of the lettuce, then place the burger on top of the tomatoes. Put with cheese slices and some mustard (or any sauce of your choice). Place the top half of the bun to complete the burger.
13. Repeat this for all the burgers.
14. In a serving plate, serve the burger with some fries or chips and drink.