- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Stew Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chuck steak||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes (500 Grams)|
|Beef stock||16 Fluid Ounce (2 Cups / 500 Milliliter)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Dried apricots||2 Ounce, chopped (60 Grams)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Blanched almonds||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 502 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 433.2 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 25.9%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy-based saucepan Heat oil and cook meat over a high heat for 4-5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
2. Stirring in stock and cinnamon, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring to lift any sediment from base of pan.
3. To the pan add honey, turmeric, nutmeg, raisins and apricots, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in onions, orange juice and almonds and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes longer until meat is tender.
5. Season to taste with black pepper and serve.