- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Spring Rolls - Ramadan Specials Recipe Video
|Chicken/Turkey||1 Pound, ground|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|For the roll|
|Spring roll pastry||1 Pound|
|Egg yolk||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)|
Calories 1657 Calories from Fat 1168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g202.7%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.2 mg
Sodium 567.3 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 31 g61%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix together chicken, cilantro, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger powder. Mix them well with either spoon or hands.
2. Cover with a wrap and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, fry the chicken mixture in a pan till it is done while stirring it once in a while to cook evenly.
4. Transfer it to a bowl and allow to cool completely.
5. Take a spring roll pastry. Spread a spoonful of the filling close to one end across diagonally. Fold the end over the filling to cover it. Foldd it again from both the sides and roll it away from you.
6. Brush the other end with egg yolk and seal the spring roll.
7. Repeat this to make all the rolls.
8. In a deep pan, heat oil high. Place the rolls one by one and fry till they are golden brown. Turn once in a while to cook all sided evenly.
9. Place them on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
10. In a serving plate, serve the rolls with salad or any dip of choice.