- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Spiced Red Chile Paste Recipe
|Dried red chilies||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Enough To Cover The Chilies, Boiling)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1052 Calories from Fat 638
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.6%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1765.7 mg73.6%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 62.4 g249.8%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 43 g86.5%
Vitamin A 166.1% Vitamin C 238.6%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 56.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heatproof bowl, put the chilies and cover with the boiling water.
2) Keep aside and allow to stand for 30 to 60 minutes.
3) Drain the chilies. Reserve some of the water.
4) In a blender or food processor, put the chilies along with Â¼ cup of the soaking water.
5) Puree till the chilies are smooth. Keep scraping down the sides of the container occasionally.
6) Add the salt, spices and olive oil and blend well.
7) Serve or use as preferred.