- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Salad Recipe
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Pound, finely chopped (1 Bunch)|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, halved, seeded and chopped|
|Cucumber||1 Small, chopped (4-Inch Size)|
|Canned chickpeas||6 Ounce, drained and rinsed (175 G)|
|Raisins/Golden raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lettuce leaves||4 (Few Leaves)|
|Oranges||2 , peeled and segmented|
|Fresh mint sprigs||3 (To Garnish)|
|Orange rind||1 , finely grated (From 1 Orange)|
|Fresh mint||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Plain yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 715 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.8 mg
Sodium 520.5 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 150 g49.9%
Dietary Fiber 18 g71.8%
Sugars 39.4 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 64% Vitamin C 232.2%
Calcium 32.9% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the veggies, as desired.
2) In a bowl, place the couscous and cover it with enough boiling water.
3) Let it soak for 15 minutes or until grains are tender.
4) With a fork separate the grains.
5) Combine couscous with scallions, bell pepper, chickpeas, raisins and cucumber.
6) Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
7) Prepare dressing in a small bowl by combining orange rind, yogurt and mint.
8) Pour the dressing over salad and mix well.
9) To serve the salad, on 4 serving plates, arrange lettuce leaves equally and place the couscous salad over them
10) Top with orange segments, fresh mint sprigs and serve.