- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Tajine of Lamb with Dried Plums Recipe Video
|Lamb shoulder chops||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , grated|
|Garlic cloves||3 , minced|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
|Pitted dried plums||10 Ounce|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Raw almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1182 Calories from Fat 783
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg
Sodium 413.1 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.4%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 48 g96.9%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 44.4% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Preparing the meat:
1. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, add the grated onion, the meat, and the spices, stir and cover the pan. Let the meat cook for 5 minutes.
2. Pour water enough to cover the meat, cover with the lid and let it cook for 30-45 minutes or until tender, while cooking check occasionally and add water if needed.
For the dried plums:
3. In another pan on medium heat, add the butter, dried plums, cinnamon, honey, and stir to mix.
4. Pour water, just enough to cover the plums, cover the pan and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are caramelized.
5. In a pan, heat some oil, add almonds and fry until they are golden brown.
6. Take the pan off the heat and drain any excess oil.
7. In a serving plate, put the meat first, then spoon on the plums on top with almonds and sesame seeds.
8. Serve this tajine with bread and Moroccan Mint Tea, if desired.