- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Inspired Prawn and Spinach Tangiers Recipe Video
|Raw prawns||100 Gram|
|Spinach leaves||2 Large|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Small|
|Sea salt flakes||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.7 mg
Sodium 386.8 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 425.5% Vitamin C 111.1%
Calcium 24.5% Iron 41.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFrying pan
1. Wash, clean, shell and devein the prawns, roughly chop the prawns and set aside.
2. Wash the spinach leaves and roughly chop them, set aside.
3. Finely chop the garlic, set aside.
4. Cut the stalk base from each tomato, criss-cross the other end and cover in just-boiled water for 30 seconds.
5. Once done drain the water and peel off the skins, roughly chop the tomatoes do not discard the seeds and pulp.
6. In a large frying pan dry fry the cumin seeds until you can smell the aroma.
7. Pour 2 tablespoon of the olive oil and add the spinach leaves and tomatoes and finally add the garlic, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
8. Cook until the liquid is reduced.
9. In a separate pan pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the prawns until cooked and turn pink color.
10. Add the spinach mixture and give it a good stir.
11. Serve the prawn and spinach tangiers along with bread.