- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Fava Beans with Charmoula Recipe Video
|Fresh fava beans||2 Pound (weighed with skin)|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, minced|
|Cilantro||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (or more)|
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 304.6 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 19 g37.8%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 24.7%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 27.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel all the fava beans and discard the skins. If they are large, slice the head with a paring knife so that it can absorb the spices when cooked.
2. In a saucepan, mix the olive oil with water. Mix well and let the oil and water cook on medium heat until they start bubbling.
3. Add the fava beans to the oil / water mixture along with the rest of the ingredients (garlic, cilantro, and spices). Mix well.
4. Pour water to the saucepan until all the fava beans are covered with water.
5. Cover the pan and let the fava beans cook for 50 minutes on medium heat. Stir the fava beans from time to time.
6. Once the fava beans are cooked, add the grated tomato to the saucepan with the fava beans. Then let the fava beans and tomato cook for 3-4 minutes uncovered.
7. In a serving plate, serve the fava beans hot with Moroccan or French bread.