- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Eggplant And Garbanzo Beans Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, cut into thin crescents|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|No salt ketchup||3 Tablespoon|
|Cooked garbanzo beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Orange||1 , cut into wedges (For Garnish)|
|Plain non fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.76%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.17 mg0.06%
Sodium 321 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.3%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 109%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Skin and cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces (measuring about 4 cups).
2) On a covered vegetable steamer, placed over boiling water, cook the eggplant for 12 minutes until soft but not mushy.
3) In a covered saucepan or skillet, over low heat, cook onion, garlic, green pepper and red pepper flakes in 2 tablespoons water for 10 minutes until green pepper softens.
4) Stir in curry powder and cook briefly mixing it with vegetables.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil after adding in lemon juice honey, ketchup and remaining water.
6) Mix in garbanzos, eggplant, and raisins and uncover and simmer for 5 minutes.
7) Serve hot, garnishing with tomato, orange and yogurt.