- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Chicken Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||1 , skinned, cut up|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Lemons||2 , cut lengthwise in quarters, seeded|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green olives||24 Small|
Calories 988 Calories from Fat 654
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.4%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.2 mg
Sodium 962.8 mg40.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 71 g142.6%
Vitamin A 37.1% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. Make dressing in a small bowl, by whisking together oil, vinegar, honey, cumin and pepper.
3. Over a double sheet of aluminum foil with edges turned up all around, place the chicken spooning over with 2 tablespoons of dressing.
4. Bake, uncovered, in the oven for 15 minutes such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together beans, com, onion and jalapeno pepper and toss with 2 tablespoons of dressing to coat well.
6. Slicing chicken into strips, take a large plate and arrange lettuce topping with chicken strips spooning bean, mixture evenly over chicken.
7. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad, garnish with cilantro and serve.