- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Beetroot Salad Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar/Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||To Taste, ground|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 370.4 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 48.2%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fill a pot with water, and place the beets in the water with 1 lemon sliced in half (to enhance color and flavor).
2. Set the heat to medium-high, and let the beets cook in boiling water for 45-60 minutes depending on how large the beetroots are (the larger, the longer time it will take to cook). The skin should come off easily, and you should be able to pierce them with a fork.
3. Once done, drain the beetroots from the boiling water and place them in a bowl of cold water to cool off.
4. Peel the beetroots, remove the two ends, then slice and dice them. Place the diced beetroots in a large bowl.
5. In a small bowl, mix the onion, parsley, olive oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), and season to taste.
6. Mix the onion mixture with the diced beetroots. Taste the beetroot salad and season with salt pepper and cumin to taste.
7. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap, and place the beetroot salad in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
8. In a serving platter, serve the beetroot salad cold. It can be eaten alone, with bread, or tossed in a garden salad.