- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Baked Fish Recipe Video
|Bass fish||1 Pound (any fish of choice)|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled, sliced|
|Baby carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper||1 , seeded, cut into strips|
|Tomato||1 , sliced|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
|For charmoula (moroccan marinade)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.4 mg
Sodium 1225.7 mg51.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.4%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 48 g96.4%
Vitamin A 277.6% Vitamin C 276.2%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 47%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rub the fish with lemon and salt and rinse it in water to clean it. Using a sharp knife, make 3 deep cuts into the fish. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the marinade.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. In a baking dish arrange the potato slices in a layer.
5. Place the fish on top and rub it with half of the marinade mixture both inside and outside.
6. Arrange all the other vegetables around the fish and on top of it. Pour the remaining marinade all over the vegetables and the fish.
7. Bake for around 1 hour or till the vegetables are soft and fish is done. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
8. In a serving plate, serve the baked fish hot and with choice of side dish like mashed potatoes or rice.