- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Morning's Healthiest Dairy Free Cake Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bran cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 0.79 g4%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 320.8 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine both the flours, salt and baking powder, mix well.
3) Cut in the shortening and blend well until the mixture is crumbly.
4) Stir in 3 tablespoons honey and water, blend well.
5) In a greased 9-inch round pan, pour the mixture and drizzle over rest of the honey.
6) Mix the cinnamon and cereal together and sprinkle on the top.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
8) Slice and serve on the individual serving plates.