- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Morning Glory Muffins Recipe Video
|For the dry ingredients|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the wet ingredients|
|Buttermilk/Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed pineapple can||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained|
|Grated carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 481 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bowl
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree.
2. Prepare a greased muffin pan.
3. Grate the carrots and chop the pecans.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and all spice and packed brown sugar.
5. Whisk everything well and set aside.
6. In another bowl combine the eggs with vegetable oil, buttermilk and vanilla extract, whisk everything well.
7. Add the crushed pineapple and mix.
8. Pour the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is moist.
9. Add the grated carrots, raisins and pecans combine everything well.
10. Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin pan.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
12. Remove and allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
13. Serve the morning glory muffin along with a cup of tea.