- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Morning Muffins Recipe
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Spelt flour/Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (2%)|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomato||1 Small, chopped|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 156 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 322.5 mg
Sodium 273 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
2. Spray a nonstick muffin tin or a tin sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
3. In a bowl, break in the eggs and whisk.
4. Add spinach, flour, cheese, basil, tomato, salt and pepper. Mix it all together.
5. Add spoonfuls of the mixture to a nonstick muffin tin or a tin.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done.
7. Serve hot. These would make the perfect breakfast muffins. :)
Image Courtesy: sweetandsaucy.wordpress.com