- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mornay Sauce (French Cheese Sauce) Recipe
|Cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Celery||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Mustard seeds||To Taste (for seasoning)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1196 Calories from Fat 775
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.4%
Saturated Fat 55 g275.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.6 mg
Sodium 1609.4 mg67.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.2%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 55 g109.9%
Vitamin A 258.3% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 155.6% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, take milk. Heat it.
2. Add chopped onion, celery and carrot. Cook till vegetables turn tender and leave it in a warm place.
3. In another pan, melt butter.
4. Remove from heat and add flour.
5. Gradually add strained milk, while stirring continuously. Bring it to a boil. Stir continuously. Cook it till becomes a smooth consistency.
6. Add salt and season with salt, pepper and mustard.
7. Add grated cheese and stir till it melts.
8. Serve Mornay Sauce with vegetable dishes.