- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mormon Shrimp Cheese Ball Recipe
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce|
|Sharp old english cheese spread||5 Ounce|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon, fresh frozen or dried|
|Small shrimp||7 Ounce, drained|
|Nuts/Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3317 Calories from Fat 2590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 288 g443.7%
Saturated Fat 133.7 g668.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 977.2 mg
Sodium 6525.2 mg271.9%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.6%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 136 g271.9%
Vitamin A 171.6% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 201.9% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a dry bowl, combine the cheeses.
2. Use a wooden spoon to beat the mixture thoroughly until, soft, smooth and creamy.
3. Add remaining ingredients other than the nuts or parsley and beat well until blended.
4. Shape the mixture into 2 balls.
5. Spread nuts or parsley on a bread board.
6. Roll cheese balls in this mixture until they are evenly coated.
7. Refrigerate the cheese balls for at least 1/2 hour, or until firm.
8. Serve them with crackers and fruit on a cheese board, providing a cheese knife to spread the cheese.
9. You can also gift wrap the cheese balls after wrapping them in plastic and include in gift hampers.