- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Chicken Morgh e Shekam Por (Chicken) Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||2 Small, cleaned|
|White onion||1 Small, diced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Persian spice mix||To Taste (Advieh)|
|Ground chili pepper||To Taste|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Raisin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnut||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground coarsely|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|Regular salt||To Taste|
|Lemon||2 , juiced|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||4 Small, sliced to half|
Calories 878 Calories from Fat 544
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.9%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.1 mg80.4%
Sodium 267.7 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 59 g117.5%
Vitamin A 81.4% Vitamin C 28.1%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 280 degrees F(137 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, melt 5 tablespoon of butter in microwave. Add paprika and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
3. In a pan, fry the onions in 2 tablespoon vegetable oil until translucent. Add garlic to the pan, stir and fry for one minute.
4. Season with Persian spice mix (Advieh), ground chili pepper and turmeric to the pan, stir and continue frying for 5 minutes. Put the raisins, prunes and the ground walnuts and keep frying for 5 more minutes.
5. Pat dry the chickens thoroughly using a napkin.
6. Stuff the chicken with the onion-raisin mixture. Seal and secure with a wooden toothpick.
7. Sprinkle the salt over chicken as required. Squeeze 2 lemons over the chickens on both sides. Brush the melted butter mixture throughout the chicken.
8. Sprinkle flour in the oven bag and put the chicken in it along with sliced carrots. Place it on a baking sheet (follow your oven bags instructions). Sprinkle more paprika over the chickens and seal the bag.
9. Bake the chickens for an hour. Tear the bag open, increase the heat of oven to 350 F (176 C) and continue cooking for 15 more minutes.
10. In a serving platter, serve the chicken with choice of side dish.