- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Morel Mushrooms with Wild Rice Recipe
|Morel mushrooms/1/2 ounce dried morels plus 1/4 ounce dried horn of plenty mushrooms and 4 ounce mixed fresh mushrooms, such as shiitake, yellow and grey oyster, trimmed||5 Ounce, rinsed, trimmed and halved lengthways (Use 150 Gram Fresh)|
|Wild rice||4 Ounce, well rinsed (125 Gram, Raw)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Double cream||6 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1312 Calories from Fat 837
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.8%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg
Sodium 440.3 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.3%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 23 g45.6%
Vitamin A 28.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.4% Iron 108.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan with warm water, place the dried mushrooms for 20-30 minutes, then drain well.
2) In a saucepan with the salted boiling water, cook the wild rice for about 18-20 minutes until the grains just split, then drain well.
3) In a heavy-based frying pan, saute the mushrooms in 1/2 of the melted butter on a medium- high heat for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the salt and papper to taste.
4) Stir in the cream and brandy, lower the heat and cook further until the mixture is almost dry. Remove in a bowl and keep warm.
5) In a pan, stir the wild rice in rest of the melted butter, mix well to coat and add the salt and pepper to taste.
6) Spoon the rice in a serving plate, top with the mushrooms and serve immediately.