- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moong and Peanut Indian Snack Recipe Video
|Moong dal||1 Cup (16 tbs), sprouted|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Spanish peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thai green chili||1 Medium, diced|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1004.2 mg41.8%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.1%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 26.3% Vitamin C 31.5%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add oil to a pan heated on medium and saute onions for a few minutes on medium-high.
2. Add chilies and saute for a few seconds.
3. Add moong dal and water and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Mix in peanuts, tomatoes and lemon.
5. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature, serve, and enjoy!