- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monterey Jack Chile Bake Recipe
|Monterey jack cheese||8 Ounce, well chilled|
|Canned whole green chiles||7 Ounce, rinsed, seeded (1 Can)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat small curd cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.7%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 398.3 mg
Sodium 1143.9 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 31 g62.9%
Vitamin A 26.3% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 55.8% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the Monterey Jack cheese until shredded.
3) In a medium mixing bowl, remove the cheese and keep aside.
4) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, process the chiles until coarsely chopped and add to the cheese.
5) Process the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and cottage cheese for 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of bowl and process until blended.
6) Add the cheese and chiles, process until just mixed.
7) In a well-greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan, pour the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, then allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
8) Slice into squares and serve immediately on individual serving plates.