- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monterey Crepes Recipe
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Fruit)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Crepes)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.1 mg
Sodium 122.9 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 32.6 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 132.3%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean strawberries, hull, and cut. Keep aside in a medium-size bowl.
2) Pare peaches, cut in two, pit, and slice. Add it to the strawberries in the bowl.
3) Sprinkle lemon juice over fruits in the bowl. Add 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
4) Let stand for sometime.
5) In a medium-size bowl beat eggs, vegetable oil and milk.
6) Stir in flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, salt, and mace. Beat for further 3 minutes. The batter will be thin.
7) Heat a 7-inch frying pan and test temperature by sprinkling in a few drops of water. The temperature would be right if the drops bounce about.
8) Grease the pan with butter or margarine.
9) Measure batter, 1/4 cup and put into pan. Tilt the pan to cover bottom completely.
10) Place in oven and bake for 1 to 2 minutes until top appears dry and underside is golden.
11) Turn and bake for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
12) Repeat the process with remaining batter, greasing the pan with batter before baking, to make 8 crepes.
13) Spoon 4 tablespoons of fruit mixture on top of the crepes.
14) Keep aside 3 or 4 peach slices for garnish.
15) Roll the crepe in a jelly-roll fashion.
16) Put in a shallow serving dish.
17) While serving, spoon sour cream in a ribbon over crepes.
18) Garnish with mint sprigs and serve warm.