- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monterey Chicken Phyllo Appetizers Recipe
|Finely chopped cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese/Havarti cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Chopped green onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen phyllo pastry sheets||6 , thawed (Or Filo)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Sesame seed||3 Teaspoon (If Desired)|
Calories 164 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.3 mg
Sodium 118.2 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, mix together chicken, cheese, onions and parsley flakes; mix well.
3) Spread the filo sheets; cover with plastic wrap or cloth towel to prevent drying.
4) Spread 1 filo sheet on working table with narrow side towards you; brush with margarine.
5) Cut the filo into 6 strips.
6) Drop 1 teaspoon of chicken filling at end of 1 strip.
7) Fold right corner diagonally up over filling so that bottom edge of strip lines up with left edge of strip.
8) Continue folding to end of strip into a triangular bundle, as if folding a flag.
9) Tuck under any remaining filo at end of bundle.
10) On a non-stick baking pan, place the tucked side down.
11) Use the same method with the remaining chicken mixture and filo sheets.
12) Brush tops with remaining margarine, dredge the top with sesame seed.
13) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
14) Serve warm on the bed of small mixed salad.