- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monte Cristo Sandwiches Recipe
|Honey mustard||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sliced deli turkey breast||4 Ounce|
|Swiss cheese||4 Ounce, divided|
|Deli sliced ham||4 Ounce, divided|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.8 mg
Sodium 410.5 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.6%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. To assemble 3-decker sandwich, spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard over 1 side of each of 3 bread slices. Place 1/4 of turkey and 1 cheese slice over mustard on 1 bread slice. Top with second bread slice, mustard side up.
3. Place 1/4 of ham and 1 cheese slice on top of bread. Top with remaining bread slice, mustard side down, pressing gently together. Repeat with remaining mustard, bread, turkey, cheese and ham to make 4 sandwiches.
4. Combine eggs, milk and nutmeg in shallow dish or pie plate.
5. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip both sides of each sandwich in egg mixture, letting excess drip back into dish.
6. Fry 1 sandwich at a time in skillet 4 minutes or until browned, turning halfway through cooking. Transfer sandwiches to greased or foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding butter to skillet as needed.
7. Bake sandwiches 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut each sandwich in half; sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with preserves.