- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken breast/Turkey breast||1 , sliced|
|Cooked ham slice||4|
|Swiss cheese slice||4|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
Calories 1130 Calories from Fat 900
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.3%
Saturated Fat 62.4 g311.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 388.5 mg
Sodium 1176.8 mg49%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 59.9% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take the bread and remove the crusts.
2. Take a bowl and mix the milk, eggs, salt and pepper together beating them thoroughly.
3. Put the bread into the mixture letting them soak properly before draining off the excess mixture.
4. Place thinly cut chicken slices on top of 4 slices of bread.
5. Top it with ham and a slice of cheese.
6. Spread some mustard on it.
7. Put another slice of bread on top.
8. Press properly and cut slantwise.
9. Take a skillet and heat some butter.
10. Fry the sandwiches, turning over once, until they become nicely brown and crisp.
11. Serve hot.