- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monte Cristo Recipe
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Turkey breast||1 Pound, sliced|
|Monterey jack cheese slice/Swiss cheese slice||8|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.3%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.7 mg
Sodium 604.1 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 40 g80.2%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 32.8% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a bowl, blend milk and eggs together.
3) Plunge the bread slices into the egg mixture.
4) In a saucepan, heat butter or oil and fry the bread on both sides until golden brown.
5) Remove the bread slices off the pan and cool for a few minutes.
6) Place the bread slices on the baking tray.
7) Spread the turkey meat generously and evenly over 4 slices of the French toast.
8) Place 2 cheese slices over each sandwich and top with remaining toast slices.
9) Heat the bread slice in the oven, until cheese melts for 5 minutes.
10) Serve Monte Cristo with small mixed salad if desired.