- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monte Carlo Haddock Recipe
|Haddock fillet||1 Pound, smoked|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
Calories 756 Calories from Fat 426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.8%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 321.3 mg
Sodium 861.9 mg35.9%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 34 g67.6%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 41.6% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the haddock fillet, wash it and dry it before adding to the pan with bay leaf and milk.
2. Poach the fillet over moderate heat for about 10 minutes and keep it uncovered during the cooking time.
3. Lift out fish carefully using the slotted spoon, peel of its skin and bifurcate the fillet into 4 portions.
4. Spread it over the warm ovenproof dish and warm it in oven to maintain the freshness.
5. Strain the milk and combine it with flour and butter to make a white sauce.
6. Season it with cayenne pepper and salt.
7. Add the grated cheese and stir it well.
8. Take a pan of lightly salted water and poach eggs over it. Cook them over slow heat until they get set.
9. Use slotted spoon to lift the eggs and place a single egg over every haddock portion.
10. Spoon the sauce over the portion and allow the dish to stand beneath the hot broiler for 2-3 minutes until the sauce gets browned.
11. Serve creamed spinach as an accompaniment.