- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monkfish with Sea Scallops and Sauted Veggies Recipe Video
|Monkfish filets||4 Medium|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Pearl onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||5 Medium|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil||2 Teaspoon, minced and frozen (2 Dorot brand cubes)|
|Zucchini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Squash||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Cauliflower||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallop||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into halves|
Calories 839 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.4 mg
Sodium 1054.4 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 31.7 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 235.2% Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make carrot puree:
2. Boil carrot slices in a pan of boiling salted water and add a dice of butter.
3. Strain the carrots and add some carrot puree into the strained ones.
4. Add into a food processor and process along with 2 tablespoons of butter and cream.
To roast monkfish:
5. Season monkfish filet with salt and pepper.
6. In a pan heat oil and sear the seasoned monkfish.
7. Place the monkfish in the preheated oven to roast for about 20 minutes.
To cook sautéed vegetables and scallops:
8. In another pan melt a tablespoon of butter and brown halved pearl onions.
9. Add cut garlic cloves, zucchini, squash, cauliflower, red bell pepper and asparagus.
10. Add 2 dorot frozen basil cubes into the sautéing vegetables.
11. Squeeze over some lemon juice and add some balsamic vinegar, vegetable stock and oil.
12. In another pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sear scallop pieces turning on both sides until brown.
13. On a plate spread the carrot puree, remove the monkfish from the oven and place.
14. Spoon the veggies with their juice and arrange scallops around and serve.