- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monkfish With Citrus And Ginger Recipe
|Monkfish fillets||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sugar snap peas||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , sliced|
|Peeled minced ginger root||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange sections||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.4 mg
Sodium 66.9 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 61.9 g
Protein 24 g48.8%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 139%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the fish diagonally into 2 by ½ inch strips.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil sautÃ© the fish and the garlic, until the fish turns white.
3) Remove the fish from the pan and drain off the liquid.
4) In the same pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, add the peas, scallions, ginger and orange rind.
5) Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 8 minutes or until the peas are tender-crisp.
6) Add the oranges and heat 1 minute.
7) Return the fish to the pan and heat through.
8) Place the fillets in the serving plate carefully and spoon the sauce on top.
If the pan is small cook the saute the fis and garlic in 2 baches, as it should break.