- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Monjayaki _ Traditional Japanese Cabbage and Pork Dish Recipe Video
|Water/Dashi||600 Cubic Centimeter|
|Nagasawake sauce||60 Cubic Centimeter (soy sauce + Worcestershire sauce)|
|Sakura shrimp||50 Gram|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 743 Calories from Fat 582
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.4%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.7 mg18.2%
Sodium 129.9 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix together flour, water and shrimp. The mixture should be of thick flowing consistency.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, water and nagasawake sauce to make thin batter.
3. Add cabbage in flour batter, set aside.
4. For Agedama:In a wok, heat oil to 180° C and fry the shrimps until golden brown.
5. Drain the shrimps on kitchen towel.
6. Take a sizzling platter and brush bottom with oil.
7. Heat the platter and sauté pork for 10 minutes or until it loses its pink color.
8. Move the pork on the side of the platter.
9. Using perforated ladle, place the cabbage over the pork.
10. Stream the leftover liquid from cabbage, over the cabbage and simmer it for 2 minutes.
11. Top the cabbage pork mixture with Agedama.
12. Serve Monjayaki hot in sizzling platter.