- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mom's Yam's Puff - Whipped Sweet Potatoes - A Great Thanksgiving Holiday Side Dish by Rockin Robin Recipe Video
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange zest||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg
Sodium 142.6 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 90.5%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need6-8 quart pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare a pam sprayed 9x13 oven dish.
3. In a 6-8 quarts pot pour 3 quarts of water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
4. Add the yams, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until yams are fork tender.
5. Once done drain and cool, set it aside.
6. Once the yams have cooled, pel and cut yams into quarters and place it in a In a large bowl.
7. Mash the yams until smooth. Add brown sugar, butter orange and lemon zest, orange and lemon juices, and salt.
8. Beat the yam mixture using an electric mixture until fluffy.
9. Pour yams into the prepared oven proof dish.
10. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until peaks are browned.
11. Drizzle with more melted butter if desired.
12. Serve it hot and enjoy your thanksgiving dinner.
If the dish was prepared earlier and chilled overnight, bake about 15 minutes longer than the set time.
You can make this dish up to 2 days ahead. Just cover and refrigerate.