- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mom's Vineyard Clam Chowder Recipe
|Potatoes||4 Large, peeled|
|Clams||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Light cream||1 Pint|
|Whole milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1229 Calories from Fat 810
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141%
Saturated Fat 42.8 g214.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 253.7 mg
Sodium 568.1 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 35 g70.4%
Vitamin A 78.9% Vitamin C 130.2%
Calcium 46.4% Iron 123.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water to tender.
2) Make small bite size pieces out of the potatoes and clams.
3) In a bowl, combine potatoes and clams along with milk, clam juice and cream.
4) Stir well.
5) Add butter to melt in warm chowder over low heat.
6) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Pour in little wine or vermouth if desired.
8) Heat up over low heat until nice and hot, but do not boil.
9) Serve the chowder warm by topping with melting butter.