- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mom's Potato Salad Recipe Video
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Eggs||3 , hardboiled|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Greek Yogurt)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Dash (to taste)|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash (to taste)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Tablespoon (fresh, chopped)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon (chopped)|
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 444
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.2 mg
Sodium 709.1 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 64.2%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat water in a pot until boiling, place potatoes in a steamer and steam potatoes, until soft. Cool.
2. If you do not already have hard boiled eggs, you can use the following instructions to do so:
-1 T white vinegar
-Bring water to a boil, covered
-Carefully add eggs
-Cook 15 minutes
-Remove from heat and run under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process
3. When done cooking, cool potatoes and eggs (separately) under cold water.
1. Combine dressing ingredients as the potatoes and eggs cool.
2. Peel and dice the potatoes and eggs and add enough dressing (add a bit more if the salad won't be served right away).
3. Combine with dressing, gently stirring to blend ingredients
1. Serve immediately at room temperature or chill and serve within a day or two.
2. This salad is especially good served with homemade hamburgers, on homemade buns, with chips and homemade salsa on the side.