- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Crisp Recipe Video
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced apples||3 Cup (48 tbs), peeled, cored|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ice cream||2 1⁄2 Centiliter|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.3%
Trans Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 42.6 mg
Sodium 167.6 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 56.9 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, put together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and apples, stir and mix until all the apples are coated evenly.
3. In a baking pan or dish, put the apple mixture in the bottom and spread evenly.
4. In a bowl, combine together all the ingredients for topping and with your fingers, cut the butter and shortening until the mixture is crumbly.
5. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples and spread well.
6. Place in the oven and allow to cook for 35 minutes or until the topping gets brown and the apples are tender.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Cut and serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.