- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Pancit Molo Recipe Video
|Ground pork||2 Pound|
|Water chestnut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Minced)|
|Fish sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Slice, Minced, Chopped)|
|Annatto seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Soaked)|
|Minced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
Calories 2143 Calories from Fat 839
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.8%
Saturated Fat 28.2 g141.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 436.5 mg
Sodium 5632 mg234.7%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 118 g235.5%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 75.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put-in the chicken and boil for 40 to 60 minutes or until tender
3. While waiting for the chicken to be tender, combine the ground pork, water chestnut, green onions, onions, egg, salt, and ground black pepper in a large mixing bowl then mix well until ingredients are well distributed.
4. Get a piece of wonton wrapper and place in a clean flat surface.
5. Scoop a tablespoon of the ground pork mixture and place on the middle of the wonton wrapper.
6. Wrap the ground pork mixture with wonton wrapper (watch the video for more information)
6.1 Slightly wet the borders of the wonton wrapper with water. This can be done by dipping your clean fingers in a cup with water and run it through the edges of the wonton wrapper.
6.2 Fold the wonton wrapper to secure the filling. The lower left end should meet the upper right end forming a triangle. Press the edges to make it intact and to avoid possibilities of opening)
6.3 Slightly wet the three pointed sides of the wonton wrapper then fold each of them towards the middle (as if you are trying to connect the pointed end to an imaginary dot in the center of the wrapper).
6.4 Continue doing this procedure until all the ground pork mixture is wrapped.
7. Remove the chicken from the boiling water and let it cool down. Set chicken stock (water used for boiling) aside.
8. Once the chicken reaches room temperature, manually separate the meat from the bones then chop the separated meat to your desired sized. Set aside.
9. Heat a clean casserole then pour-in the cooking oil.
10. SautÃ© the garlic and onions then add the chopped chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
11. Add the fish sauce, annatto water (water from the soaked annatto seeds), and chicken stock then bring to a boil.
12. Pour-in additional water then bring to a boil once more
13. Add the shrimps then cook for a minute
14. Add the wrapped ground pork mixture and cook for 12 to 18 minutes (use low heat)
15. Put-in some minced green onions and toasted garlic as desired.
16. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve while hot. Share and enjoy!