- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moulded Grapefruit And Cucumber Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low calorie citrus carbonated beverage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Artificial sweetener||1 1⁄2 Gram (To Equal 1/2 Cup Sugar)|
|Grapefruit||1⁄2 , sectioned and cut up|
|Finely chopped cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grapefruit segments||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required, For Garnish)|
Calories 32 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.08 g0.12%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.06%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 255.3 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 35.4%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 0.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl of cold water, sprinkle gelatin on top.
2) Pour in boiling water and gently stir to dissolve the gelatin.
3) Place aside to cool down the gelatin.
4) Add carbonated beverage, lemon juice, sweetener and salt to the gelatin mixture.
5) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
6) Occasionally stir the mixture while chilling until the mixture has the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
7) Fold in grapefruit and cucumber into this mixture.
8) Use a moistened mould to turn in the mixture.
9) Place inside refrigerator to chill until firm, for about 2 to 3 hours.
10) Unmold the preparation on a serving platter and garnish with grape fruit sections.