- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molded Apricot Crown Recipe
|Canned apricot halves||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apricot sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.2 mg
Sodium 403.3 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 41 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Butter an 8-cup tube mold liberally and sprinkle with sugar. Tap out the excess, if any.
2) Drain the apricots. Select 6 perfect halves and set them aside for topping. From the rest, cut just enough to make ½ cup. Reserve the remaining syrup and fruit for the sauce.
3) Into a sifter, measure the baking powder, flour, salt and cardamom.
4) In a large bowl, cream the margarine or butter with sugar till the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the eggs.
5) Sift in the dry ingredients, 1/3rd at a time, alternately with the milk. Stir well till the ingredients have blended well. Add the lemon extract and ½ cup cut-up apricots and stir well.
6) Into the prepared mold, pour the concoction and cover with a lid or foil. Use a string to secure the foil tightly.
7) In a large kettle or steamer, place the mold on the rack. Pour in the boiling water to half the depth of the mold’s batter. Cover tightly.
8) Steam the pudding for 2 hours or till a long and thin metal skewer inserted into the center emerges completely clean. During the cooking time, keep the water boiling gently. If required, add more water.
9) Cool the mold on the wire rack for about 5 minutes and then use a knife to loosen the pudding around the edges.
10) On top of the pudding, arrange the 6 saved apricot halves and spoon ½ cup hot apricot sauce all over.
11) Serve after cutting into wedges, with the remaining sauce on the side.