- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molasses Date-Nut Bars Recipe
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Chopped nuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||7 Ounce, cut fine|
|Confectioner’s sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg
Sodium 135.1 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 31.8 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch square pan
3. Combine egg, sugar, molasses, shortening and vanilla.
4. Sift together flour, salt and soda.
5. Stir into shortening mixture with nuts and dates.
6. Pour mixture into the pan.
7. Bake in a moderate oven 40 minutes, or until done.
8. Mix confectioners' sugar and water until smooth.
9. Cover half the pan of cookies with frosting before cutting into bars