- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molasses Chew-Chews Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3634 Calories from Fat 963
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g171.1%
Saturated Fat 53.1 g265.5%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1666 mg69.4%
Total Carbohydrates 638 g212.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.8%
Sugars 395.7 g
Protein 40 g79.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 75.2% Iron 161.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper and grease.
2) In a bowl, add the shortening and cream till light.
3) Add in the sugar and molasses and beat till light and fluffy.
4) Beat in the egg whites.
5) Combine and sift the flour, soda, and salt.
6) Add into the molasses mix and mix well.
7) Add in the coconut and blend.
8) Add the batter into the pan.
9) Place in the oven and bake at 350° F for 30 to 35 minutes.
10) Turn out onto a baking sheet.
11) Remove the paper and turn right side up.
13) Cut into 1 x 2-inch bars.