- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molasses Yogurt Dip Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (thick, hung overnight)|
|Cucumber||1 , unpeeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.6%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg
Sodium 497 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 13.5%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor bowl, combine the garlic and walnuts.
2. Grind coarsely.
3. Add the vinegar and seasoning and blend well.
4. Incorporate the oil to make a dressing.
5. Tip into a bowl.
6. Stir in thick yogurt and the molasses.
7. Squeeze as much moisture out as possible, from the cucumber and stir into the yogurt dip.
9. Spoon into a dip bowl and serve chilled, as an accompaniment to kabobs.