- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molasses Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked regular oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 8.8 mg
Sodium 145.1 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 0.52%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together and keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking
4. In a large mixing bowl, place the shortening and beat it with an electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugar and molasses, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
6. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until all are incorporated into the creamed mixture.
7. Add the flour mixture in batches, beating at low speed until well blended into thick batter.
8. Fold in the oats, raisins and nuts
9. Use a tablespoon to drop the batter in heaps, onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
10. Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and dry.
11. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden
12. Serve cookies warm with tea, coffee, hot chocolate or warm milk.
13. Pack them and include in your Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container or jar, in a cool dry place.