- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molasses Nut Cookies Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsulphured molasses||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped nuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate chips||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 1635 Calories from Fat 626
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g108.7%
Saturated Fat 35.1 g175.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.8 mg
Sodium 1679.9 mg70%
Total Carbohydrates 237 g78.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 99.1 g
Protein 22 g43.2%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 68%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large sauce pan, melt the butter.
2) Stir the molasses and sugar into the melted butter and allow the sugar to melt. Allow the mixture to cool.
3) In a large glass bowl, sift together the flour, salt, soda, and spices
4) Add 1/3rd of the sifted flour into saucepan and stir into the butter and molasses mixture. Gradually beat in the egg until batter is smooth in consistency.
5) Add remaining flour to the saucepan.
6) Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the batter and mix well until dough like consistency.
7) Chill the dough for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
8) Pre heat the oven to 350F
9) Shape the dough into 1 inch balls
10) On an ungreased cookie sheet, Place the balls, 2 inches apart from each other.
11) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or till golden brown.
9) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool and harden slightly before serving.