- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Molasses Fruit Balls Recipe
|Raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dried figs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Grated lemon rind||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2568 Calories from Fat 976
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175.9%
Saturated Fat 36 g180.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 748.8 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 404 g134.6%
Dietary Fiber 35.1 g140.6%
Sugars 297.8 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 29.2% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 77.5% Iron 78.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Force the raisins, dates, figs, and walnuts through the medium blade of a food chopper.
3. Mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
4. Cream the butter, sugar, lemon rind, and molasses until well blended. Stir in fruit-nut mixture and dry ingredients.
5. Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and arrange on lightly oiled baking sheets (balls do not spread).
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom. Cool on wire racks, then roll in sugar.